Top Advantages of Having a Commercial DishwasherTaraShepard - December 3, 2022
Machine power is always faster than human strength. When it comes to dishwashing, a commercial dishwasher will be able to handle more dishes than a human dishwasher. With this said, choosing the right size commercial dishwasher is always advantageous. What matters most to size choice is the rack size.
The best way to calculate the right number of dish racks is to anticipate the needs of your restaurant at its busiest time. Customers don’t like waiting for their food and the fastest way to quickly bring food to the table is the quick availability of clean dishes.
Some elements you need to consider to help you decide on the right dishwasher include:
- Undercounter type. The undercounter commercial dishwasher is composed of a single rack that can accommodate 35 racks in an hour of washing.
- Conveyor type. A cycle by way of a conveyor belt is the thing that pulls the racks. An hour’s washing can complete up to 200 racks. A bigger machine can work up to 400 racks an hour.
- Door type. 80 racks can be accommodated by the door type for an hour’s washing. Opening the door, sliding the rack into the chamber, and pulling it out after the washing cycle is the way of operating the door-type dishwasher.
- Glasswasher type. This model only caters to stemware and glassware washing. 2,000 glasses or thereabouts can be accommodated by the unit in an hour’s washing.
- Flight type. 8,000 dishes an hour can be done using the flight type of dishwasher. A conveyor belt is a thing used for loading the dishes before running them through a washing cycle.
The choice of a dishwasher is seen as right when it fits your needs and your budget.
Saving energy costs is the ultimate goal of many commercial dishwashers today. Better results and less energy use is the way these big machines are manufactured nowadays. The units are robustly designed and manufactured to ensure long use for any commercial kitchen.
Labour cost savings
Labour costs are probably the top benefit a quality commercial dishwasher brings to the table. Food prep and servers are the things that any restaurant owner needs to focus on. Hiring a human dishwasher means writing another paycheck. Opting for a commercial dishwasher helps in saving labour costs for washing dishes, cutlery, and glasses.
Comply with food laws and regulations
A commercial dishwasher automatically complies with food laws and regulations. Having a commercial dishwasher takes the place of the regulation of washing the dishes by hand using three sinks. A food inspection will likely fail when a commercial kitchen does not have a commercial dishwasher.
A business will come to a standstill when you fail to comply with rules and regulations.
Hot and clean washing
Above 65 degrees Celsius is the recommended temperature for dishwater to be able to kill germs. This very warm water temperature may not be boiling, but it is seen as the best way to kill bacteria. Having the right water temperature at all times is provided by a commercial dishwasher. Using them ensures clean and bacteria-free dishes.
Our company installed dual commercial dishwashers in most of the restaurants and bars around the country. Contact us to have one installed in your commercial kitchen.